The new Broadway musical 9 To 5 couldn’t quite hack it in the high-stress New York City theater business. Alas, the show will be packing up and moving out of its office at the Marquis Theatre on September 6. Based on the 1980 movie about three fed-up working women who kidnap their boss, 9 To 5 has a brand new score by country music legend Dolly Parton and stars Allison Janney, Meg Hilty, and Stephanie Block. Though the musical seemed to get a pretty good response from audiences, the reviews were mostly negative and the show failed to nab a coveted Tony Award nomination for Best Musical, stalling the momentum it needed to continue a profitable Broadway run. However, 9 To 5 will hit the touring circuit, launching a national tour from Nashville, Tennessee in late 2010.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016