The Roundabout Theatre Company presents the first show in its Studio 54 space this season, Carrie Fisher’s one-woman comedy Wishful Drinking. The writer/performer, still best known for playing the iconic character Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies, has been performing Wishful Drinking in venues around the country and now brings it to Broadway. Word on the street is that the show is hilarious, which should be no surprise considering that Fisher (who can currently be seen on the big screen in the teen horror flick Sorority Row) is known for her sharp, dark, and dry wit. The solo play is an autobiographical tell-all in which she recounts her Hollywood childhood and career, and her problems with everything from drug addiction to bipolar disorder. Wishful Drinking‘s Broadway run is scheduled to go through January 3, 2010.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015