The Roundabout Theatre Company presents the first show in its Studio 54 space this season, Carrie Fisher’s one-woman comedy Wishful Drinking. The writer/performer, still best known for playing the iconic character Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies, has been performing Wishful Drinking in venues around the country and now brings it to Broadway. Word on the street is that the show is hilarious, which should be no surprise considering that Fisher (who can currently be seen on the big screen in the teen horror flick Sorority Row) is known for her sharp, dark, and dry wit. The solo play is an autobiographical tell-all in which she recounts her Hollywood childhood and career, and her problems with everything from drug addiction to bipolar disorder. Wishful Drinking‘s Broadway run is scheduled to go through January 3, 2010.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013