Decades after their chart-topping pop successes, Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons are making records again. The cast recording of Jersey Boys, the Broadway musical retelling of Valli and the Seasons’ rise to fame, has just been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. These days it is rare for a Broadway cast album to sell a million copies so soon after its release, so this is quite an achievement for Jersey Boys. The Grammy-winning recording, which features the talents of John Lloyd Young, J. Robert Spencer, Daniel Reichard, and Christian Hoff, has a slew of tunes made famous by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, including such hits as “Oh, What a Night,” “Sherry,” “Walk Like A Man,” “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” and “Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You”.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015