Decades after their chart-topping pop successes, Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons are making records again. The cast recording of Jersey Boys, the Broadway musical retelling of Valli and the Seasons’ rise to fame, has just been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. These days it is rare for a Broadway cast album to sell a million copies so soon after its release, so this is quite an achievement for Jersey Boys. The Grammy-winning recording, which features the talents of John Lloyd Young, J. Robert Spencer, Daniel Reichard, and Christian Hoff, has a slew of tunes made famous by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, including such hits as “Oh, What a Night,” “Sherry,” “Walk Like A Man,” “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” and “Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You”.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014