The producers of Oleanna, the Broadway revival of the tense David Mamet drama, announced today that they will be closing the show on January 3rd, 2010. The production, which enjoyed a successful run in Los Angeles at the Mark Taper Forum earlier this year, transferred to Broadway’s John Golden Theatre in late September. The play stars actor Bill Pullman (who was previously seen on Broadway in The Goat, or Who is Sylvia?) as a college professor and Julia Stiles (Shakespeare in the Park’s Twelfth Night) as his disgruntled student. Each performance of the show has been followed by a lively audience talk-back where people discuss the motives and actions of the two characters in this very controversial play about power, education, and gender politics.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014