The producers of Oleanna, the Broadway revival of the tense David Mamet drama, announced today that they will be closing the show on January 3rd, 2010. The production, which enjoyed a successful run in Los Angeles at the Mark Taper Forum earlier this year, transferred to Broadway’s John Golden Theatre in late September. The play stars actor Bill Pullman (who was previously seen on Broadway in The Goat, or Who is Sylvia?) as a college professor and Julia Stiles (Shakespeare in the Park’s Twelfth Night) as his disgruntled student. Each performance of the show has been followed by a lively audience talk-back where people discuss the motives and actions of the two characters in this very controversial play about power, education, and gender politics.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013