Time Stands Still, the new play by Pulitzer Prize winner Donald Marguilies (Dinner With Friends), begins performances at the Manhattan Theatre Club’s Samuel J. Friedman Theatre tonight. The drama stars Laura Linney (most recently on Broadway in Roundabout Theatre Company’s Les Liaisons Dangereuses) and Brian d’Arcy James (the original man behind the big green costume in Shrek on Broadway) as a couple, a photographer and a journalist, who have been covering war-torn lands. But, ironically, their lives are turned upside down when an injury means that they have to settle down into a more conventional lifestyle at home in New York City. Time Stands Still, which is directed by Daniel Sullivan, also stars Alicia Silverstone (Clueless, The Graduate on Broadway) and playwright/performer Eric Bogosian (Law & Order: Criminal Intent). The limited-run production will have its official Broadway opening on January 28 and has an expected closing date of March 21.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Bette Midler and Donna Murphy Back in “Hello, Dolly!” - June 3, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Concludes Its Run - May 27, 2018
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018