Time Stands Still, the new play by Pulitzer Prize winner Donald Marguilies (Dinner With Friends), begins performances at the Manhattan Theatre Club’s Samuel J. Friedman Theatre tonight. The drama stars Laura Linney (most recently on Broadway in Roundabout Theatre Company’s Les Liaisons Dangereuses) and Brian d’Arcy James (the original man behind the big green costume in Shrek on Broadway) as a couple, a photographer and a journalist, who have been covering war-torn lands. But, ironically, their lives are turned upside down when an injury means that they have to settle down into a more conventional lifestyle at home in New York City. Time Stands Still, which is directed by Daniel Sullivan, also stars Alicia Silverstone (Clueless, The Graduate on Broadway) and playwright/performer Eric Bogosian (Law & Order: Criminal Intent). The limited-run production will have its official Broadway opening on January 28 and has an expected closing date of March 21.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Tony Awards TV Viewership Down 10 Percent Despite Record Breaking Broadway Season - June 10, 2015
- “An Act of God” Opens on Broadway - June 5, 2015
- “It Shoulda Been You” Box Office Unmoved By Reviews - May 28, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/10/2015 - May 12, 2015
- “Doctor Zhivago” Begins Performances - April 22, 2015