Time Stands Still, the new play by Pulitzer Prize winner Donald Marguilies (Dinner With Friends), begins performances at the Manhattan Theatre Club’s Samuel J. Friedman Theatre tonight. The drama stars Laura Linney (most recently on Broadway in Roundabout Theatre Company’s Les Liaisons Dangereuses) and Brian d’Arcy James (the original man behind the big green costume in Shrek on Broadway) as a couple, a photographer and a journalist, who have been covering war-torn lands. But, ironically, their lives are turned upside down when an injury means that they have to settle down into a more conventional lifestyle at home in New York City. Time Stands Still, which is directed by Daniel Sullivan, also stars Alicia Silverstone (Clueless, The Graduate on Broadway) and playwright/performer Eric Bogosian (Law & Order: Criminal Intent). The limited-run production will have its official Broadway opening on January 28 and has an expected closing date of March 21.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - January 4, 2018
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017
- Check Out the 71st Annual Tony Award Winners! - June 12, 2017
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017