Spike Lee’s docu-film of the recent Broadway musical Passing Strange airs on PBS this evening. In the New York City area, the movie will be on WNET at 9pm. If you are in another city, check your local listings for the exact date and time of the broadcast. Passing Strange is the electric rock musical co-written and co-starring Tony Award winner Stew, and starring Daniel Breaker (Shrek the Musical) as his alter-ego, a young black man who leaves his middle-class L.A. home for a journey that takes him through Europe and back again.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Bette Midler and Donna Murphy Back in “Hello, Dolly!” - June 3, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Concludes Its Run - May 27, 2018
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018