Spike Lee’s docu-film of the recent Broadway musical Passing Strange airs on PBS this evening. In the New York City area, the movie will be on WNET at 9pm. If you are in another city, check your local listings for the exact date and time of the broadcast. Passing Strange is the electric rock musical co-written and co-starring Tony Award winner Stew, and starring Daniel Breaker (Shrek the Musical) as his alter-ego, a young black man who leaves his middle-class L.A. home for a journey that takes him through Europe and back again.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016