Roundabout Theatre Company has just released a statement saying that Megan Mullally, one of the stars of the upcoming Roundabout revival of Terrence McNally’s four-hander Lips Together, Teeth Apart, has dropped out of the production. Statements from Roundabout artistic director Todd Haimes and from McNally indicate surprise and upset at Mullally’s exit, which is happening two full weeks into the production’s rehearsal, but word on the street is that Mullally has been clashing with director Joe Mantello, who has a reputation for being hard on actors. With this loss, Lips Together, Teeth Apart will have to delay its first preview (originally scheduled for April 9). A replacement is due to be announced shortly. Mullally herself has yet to make a statement about the cause of her departure.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017
- How Will The Juggernaut Harry Potter Fare Against NYC Broadway Shows - April 18, 2017
- “Amélie” Musical Disappoints Fans of the Film - April 15, 2017
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017