Roundabout Theatre Company has just released a statement saying that Megan Mullally, one of the stars of the upcoming Roundabout revival of Terrence McNally’s four-hander Lips Together, Teeth Apart, has dropped out of the production. Statements from Roundabout artistic director Todd Haimes and from McNally indicate surprise and upset at Mullally’s exit, which is happening two full weeks into the production’s rehearsal, but word on the street is that Mullally has been clashing with director Joe Mantello, who has a reputation for being hard on actors. With this loss, Lips Together, Teeth Apart will have to delay its first preview (originally scheduled for April 9). A replacement is due to be announced shortly. Mullally herself has yet to make a statement about the cause of her departure.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Bette Midler and Donna Murphy Back in “Hello, Dolly!” - June 3, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Concludes Its Run - May 27, 2018
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018