Not even a week after the “postponement” (effectively a cancellation) of the Roundabout Theatre Company production of Terrence McNally’s play Lips Together, Teeth Apart, Roundabout has announced that they will fill the hole in their season with Everyday Rapture. Starring and co-written by Broadway actress/singer Sherie Rene Scott (Aida, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels), Everyday Rapture recently had an acclaimed Off-Broadway run at Second Stage Theatre. Now Scott’s unique, semi-autobiographical musical will have its Broadway debut at the American Airlines Theatre starting April 19 for a limited run ending July 11.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016