Not even a week after the “postponement” (effectively a cancellation) of the Roundabout Theatre Company production of Terrence McNally’s play Lips Together, Teeth Apart, Roundabout has announced that they will fill the hole in their season with Everyday Rapture. Starring and co-written by Broadway actress/singer Sherie Rene Scott (Aida, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels), Everyday Rapture recently had an acclaimed Off-Broadway run at Second Stage Theatre. Now Scott’s unique, semi-autobiographical musical will have its Broadway debut at the American Airlines Theatre starting April 19 for a limited run ending July 11.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016