The new musical American Idiot, based on the Grammy Award-winning Green Day album of the same name (and featuring arrangements by Next To Normal composer Tom Kitt), opens on Broadway tonight at the St. James Theatre. The musical about disaffected suburban youth in search of something more is also having opening night festivities online, which ticket-less fans can enjoy from the comfort of their home. At AmericanIdiotOnBroadway.com, fans can see red carpet footage, video and images from the after party, and Twitter updates from the show’s cast and creative team. American Idiot, which stars John Gallagher Jr. (Spring Awakening), Rebecca Naomi Jones (Passing Strange), Michael Esper, Tony Vincent, and Stark Sands, comprises all the songs from Green Day’s hit album, including “When September Ends” and “Boulevard of Broken Dreams,” plus a few songs from the band’s new album 21st Century Breakdown, most notably “21 Guns”. The musical’s original Broadway cast album was also released today.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016