Lucy Prebble’s acclaimed play Enron comes to Broadway for a run at the Broadhurst Theatre. Following its critically acclaimed run in London, the production is now premiering on the Great White Way with a stellar American cast, including Tony Award winner Norbert Leo Butz (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Wicked), Gregory Itzin (TV’s 24), and Marin Mazzie (Ragtime). Corporate malfeasance may sound like a dry subject for a Broadway show, but Prebble and director Rupert Goold have worked to ensure that Enron is no typical story of financial fraud. The play incorporates music, stylized movement, multimedia, and even masks to tell the true story of the Texas-based company that made headlines in 2001 and has ever since been the poster child for corporate greed.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Tony Awards TV Viewership Down 10 Percent Despite Record Breaking Broadway Season - June 10, 2015
- “An Act of God” Opens on Broadway - June 5, 2015
- “It Shoulda Been You” Box Office Unmoved By Reviews - May 28, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/10/2015 - May 12, 2015
- “Doctor Zhivago” Begins Performances - April 22, 2015