Sunday in the Park with George, the Pulitzer Prize-winning Stephen Sondheim/James Lapine musical, is appearing tonight on Broadway for the first time since its original Broadway production in the ’80s (excluding a one-night-only 10th anniversary concert in 1994). Roundabout Theatre Company is producing this new version, which comes to us from London, where it premiered at the Menier Chocolate Factory. Daniel Evans and Jenna Russell, who played troubled painter Georges Seurat and his lover Dot, respectively, in the London production, reprise their roles here. Sunday will have its official Broadway opening on February 21st. For discount ticket info, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017