The Broadway musical Rent, which previously announced that its closing date would be June 1, has extended its Broadway run until September 7. Many people predicted this extension would happen as soon as the June 1 date was announced, because ticket demand tends to shoot way up anytime a long-running Broadway show posts its closing notice. Rent, in particular, has a devoted fan base that no doubt bought up numerous tickets when they found out their favorite Broadway musical would be closing soon. In fact, the show’s producers have endeavored to do right by the fans who specifically bought tickets for what was to be the final week of Rent‘s run by allowing them to exchange those tickets for performances during the extension period.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Radiohead’s Thom Yorke to Compose for Pinter’s “Old Times” - September 4, 2015
- Late Show with Stephen Colbert Announces First Week Line Up - August 28, 2015
- “Penn & Teller” Completes Its Limited Engagement - August 17, 2015
- Casting Announced for “She Loves Me” on Broadway - August 1, 2015
- “Amazing Grace” Continues Fight Against The Odds - July 27, 2015