It’s one of those Big Event productions that the die-hard Broadway lovers live for: Patti Lupone in Gypsy. Ever since her turn as Eva Peron in Evita on Broadway, big-voiced Patti Lupone has been a favored diva, a modern Ethel Merman. And Gypsy, with its powerhouse creative team (Stephen Sondheim, Jule Styne, Arthur Laurents, and Jerome Robbins), is a classic musical of Broadway’s Golden Age. To bring Lupone and Gypsy together … well, what could be better? The audience response has been tremendous, with people giving Ms. Lupone standing ovations at the end of her solo “Rose’s Turn” (it’s very rare to see a standing O during a show). With the show now open, the reviews are pouring in, and already the New York Times has given it a rave. Better get your tickets now!
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bruce Springsteen Earns Raves on Broadway - October 15, 2017
- “The Band’s Visit” Musical Begins on Broadway - October 7, 2017
- “Time and the Conways” Begins Broadway Previews - September 22, 2017
- “Frozen” Musical Sets Broadway Opening Dates - September 1, 2017
- “Marvin’s Room” Plays Finals Performance - August 26, 2017