The Drama Desk Awards, which honor the best shows and performers on Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Off-Off-Broadway, were held last night. August: Osage County took Best Play, Passing Strange won for Best Musical, and the top revival awards went to Boeing-Boeing and South Pacific. Gypsy nabbed three performance awards, for Patti Lupone, Laura Benanti, and Boyd Gaines. As expected Cry-Baby won for its excellent choreography, The 39 Steps won Unique Theatrical Experience, and Sunday in the Park with George got an award for its clever video/projection design. Best Music and Best Lyrics went to Passing Strange, while Best Book of a Musical was awarded to Xanadu.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Blackbird” Begins Previews at the Belasco Theatre - February 7, 2016
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015