The new Broadway production of Macbeth, which originated at the Chichester Festival Theatre in England last year, concludes its Broadway run tonight. The production transferred to Broadway earlier this Spring due to the critical acclaim received during its brief engagement at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. This Macbeth starred Patrick Stewart (Star Trek: The Next Generation) as the ambitious title character, under the direction of Rupert Goold. And even though Stewart and company are leaving Broadway already, they may want to drop in again on June 15, when their show will be competing for Tony Awards in six categories, including Best Revival of a Play, Best Leading Actor in a Play, and Best Leading Actress (for Lady Macbeth, Kate Fleetwood).
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Peter Pan Musical To Be Aired Live on TV - February 15, 2014
- NYC Super Bowl Event Will Feature Jersey Boys - January 24, 2014
- Kinky Boots To Launch Tour in Vegas - January 19, 2014
- Macbeth Closes on Broadway - January 12, 2014
- Hugh Jackman Cuts Ties With Broadway Bound Houdini - January 10, 2014