The limited engagement of the play Mary Stuart, which began at the Donmar Warehouse in London, concluded its run on Broadway at the Broadhurst Theatre today. The acclaimed production starred British thespians Janet McTeer and Harriet Walker (both nominated for Tony Awards for their turns as Mary Queen of Scots and Queen Elizabeth I, respectively), alongside a cast of actors who frequently appear on Broadway, including John Benjamin Hickey, Robert Stanton, Chandler Williams, and Brian Murray. This production of the historical-political drama, written by German dramatist Friedrich Schiller over 200 years ago, featured an adaptation by Peter Oswald and direction by Mamma Mia helmer Phyllida Lloyd.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Blackbird” Begins Previews at the Belasco Theatre - February 7, 2016
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015