The limited engagement of the play Mary Stuart, which began at the Donmar Warehouse in London, concluded its run on Broadway at the Broadhurst Theatre today. The acclaimed production starred British thespians Janet McTeer and Harriet Walker (both nominated for Tony Awards for their turns as Mary Queen of Scots and Queen Elizabeth I, respectively), alongside a cast of actors who frequently appear on Broadway, including John Benjamin Hickey, Robert Stanton, Chandler Williams, and Brian Murray. This production of the historical-political drama, written by German dramatist Friedrich Schiller over 200 years ago, featured an adaptation by Peter Oswald and direction by Mamma Mia helmer Phyllida Lloyd.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Begins Performances - April 20, 2017
- Laura Osnes and Corey Cott Star in “Bandstand” - April 13, 2017
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews at the Shubert Theatre - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017