The new Roundabout Theatre Company production of the classic Noel Coward play Present Laughter begins performances today at the American Airlines Theatre on Broadway. Broadway veteran Victor Garber (Alias and Eli Stone on TV, Titanic on film, and most recently on Broadway in Yasmina Reza’s Art) stars in the comedy as a vainglorious actor whose life is made quite chaotic by the sudden arrival of troublesome theater folk and equally troublesome women. Also starring in the production, which is directed by Nicholas Martin (The 39 Steps, Mauritius), is Tony Award winner Harriet Harris (Thoroughly Modern Millie) and Brooks Ashmanskas (Fame Becomes Me). A limited run production, Present Laughter is scheduled to play on Broadway through March 21.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Sara Bareilles Revisits Waitress; Jason Mraz Extends - December 9, 2017
- Mark Rylance Begins in “Farinelli and the King” - December 8, 2017
- Steve Martin’s “Meteor Shower” Earns Mixed Reviews - December 2, 2017
- “Home for the Holidays” is a Surefire Flop - November 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows at the Thanksgiving Day Parade - November 19, 2017