Oscar and Tony Award winning actor Kevin Kline will reprise one of his signature roles, the Pirate King, in a gala performance for The Public Theater on June 10. The gala concert will be a one-night-only staging of the celebrated 1980 production of the Gilbert & Sullivan operetta The Pirates of Penzance. As with the earlier production, this special event will take place at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park, where The Public produces its annual Shakespeare in the Park series.
In the 1980 production, which began at the Delacorte and later transferred to Broadway, Kevin Kline starred alongside Linda Ronstadt and Rex Smith, but the rest of the cast for the gala concert has yet to be announced.
Anyone interested in receiving an invitation to this special event can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-539-8547. Visit www.publictheater.org for more information about this and other Public Theater offerings.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016