Originally scheduled to hit Broadway this August, Flashdance the Musical has been postponed. The production is now scheduled to arrive on the Great White Way at a yet-to-be-determined date later in the 2013-2014 season. This is the third time Flashdance has delayed its Broadway arrival.
Based on the well-known 1980s film of the same name, Flashdance is about a woman steelworker who also works as an exotic dancer, but has dreams of joining a prestigious dance company. The movie’s soundtrack featured pop hits like “Maniac,” “Gloria,” and “I Love Rock & Roll,” which are all featured in the stage version.
Flashdance the Musical had its London premiere in 2010. The production then went through rewrites and is currently in the midst of a U.S. national tour.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016