Originally scheduled to hit Broadway this August, Flashdance the Musical has been postponed. The production is now scheduled to arrive on the Great White Way at a yet-to-be-determined date later in the 2013-2014 season. This is the third time Flashdance has delayed its Broadway arrival.
Based on the well-known 1980s film of the same name, Flashdance is about a woman steelworker who also works as an exotic dancer, but has dreams of joining a prestigious dance company. The movie’s soundtrack featured pop hits like “Maniac,” “Gloria,” and “I Love Rock & Roll,” which are all featured in the stage version.
Flashdance the Musical had its London premiere in 2010. The production then went through rewrites and is currently in the midst of a U.S. national tour.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Frozen” Musical Sets Broadway Opening Dates - September 1, 2017
- “Marvin’s Room” Plays Finals Performance - August 26, 2017
- “Wicked” is Now 8th Longest Running Show Ever - August 18, 2017
- “Indecent” Finally Concludes After Second Wind - August 4, 2017
- Brandy Norwood Returns to Broadway in “Chicago” - July 29, 2017