Originally scheduled to hit Broadway this August, Flashdance the Musical has been postponed. The production is now scheduled to arrive on the Great White Way at a yet-to-be-determined date later in the 2013-2014 season. This is the third time Flashdance has delayed its Broadway arrival.
Based on the well-known 1980s film of the same name, Flashdance is about a woman steelworker who also works as an exotic dancer, but has dreams of joining a prestigious dance company. The movie’s soundtrack featured pop hits like “Maniac,” “Gloria,” and “I Love Rock & Roll,” which are all featured in the stage version.
Flashdance the Musical had its London premiere in 2010. The production then went through rewrites and is currently in the midst of a U.S. national tour.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Thérèse Raquin” Opens at Roundabout’s Studio 54 Theatre - November 7, 2015
- “Dames at Sea” Opens at the Helen Hayes Theatre - November 3, 2015
- “Old Times” Opens at the American Airlines Theatre - October 16, 2015
- “On Your Feet!” Musical Begins Previews on Broadway - October 11, 2015
- “Spring Awakening” Opens at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre - September 30, 2015