One of this Broadway season’s few original new musicals, Hands on a Hardbody starts preview performances at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. Inspired by a real-life competition, Hands on a Hardbody is about 10 Texans who spend days in the heat keeping at least one hand on a beautiful new truck in an effort to win it.
Continuing with an intriguing trend of pop and rock music artists lending their talents to Broadway shows, Phish’s Trey Anastasio has co-written the music for Hands on a Hardbody. Amanda Green (Bring It On: The Musical) supplies both music and lyrics, and Doug Wright has written the show’s book.
The cast of Hands on a Hardbody is led by Keith Carradine, and his co-stars include Hunter Foster, Jim Newman, William Youmans, Allison Case, and Jay Armstrong Johnson, among others. The musical is set for an open run, with its opening night scheduled for March 21.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Illusionists – Turn of the Century” Begins - November 25, 2016
- Kristin Chenoweth’s “Love Letter to Broadway” Closes - November 17, 2016
- A Cappella Musical “In Transit” Begins Previews - November 11, 2016
- Eighteen Broadway Shows Go Dark For Election Day - November 8, 2016
- New York TV Shows Presidential Election Coverage - November 7, 2016