The music of Grammy Award winning pop star Gloria Estefan will serve as the inspiration for a forthcoming Broadway musical to be developed by Broadway’s Nederlander Organization in association with Estefan Enterprises. The musical will tell the story of Gloria and her musician/producer husband Emilio Estefan, who journeyed from Cuba to music superstardom.
“We are very excited to share this story, which is based on hope, determination and the belief that with hard work and passion, our dreams can become our reality,” stated the Estefans. “Our music has been a true reflection of who we are, where we came from and the journey that has brought us to where we are today.”
Bearing a reputation as the “Queen of Latin Pop,” Gloria Estefan has had several hit songs, including “The Rhythm is Going To Get You,” “Conga,” “1, 2, 3,” and the Academy Award nominated “Music of My Heart”.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Illusionists – Turn of the Century” Begins - November 25, 2016
- Kristin Chenoweth’s “Love Letter to Broadway” Closes - November 17, 2016
- A Cappella Musical “In Transit” Begins Previews - November 11, 2016
- Eighteen Broadway Shows Go Dark For Election Day - November 8, 2016
- New York TV Shows Presidential Election Coverage - November 7, 2016