Only Make Believe, an organization that brings the magic of theatrical performance to hospital-bound children, presents its 13th annual gala benefit, Make Believe on Broadway, on November 5 at Broadway’s Bernard B. Jacobs Theater. Hosted by Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: SVU), the event will include the participation of numerous Broadway stars and will feature special honorees Sir Ian McKellen, Guy Chiarello, and Petra Nemcova.
The long list of Broadway actors and singers who will participate in the evening’s special performance includes Matthew Broderick (Nice Work If You Can Get It), Norm Lewis (Porgy and Bess), Ashley Brown (the original Mary Poppins), Derrick Baskin (Memphis), John Eric Parker (The Book of Mormon), Jay Johnson (Hands on a Hardbody), and many more.
Only Make Believe, founded by Dena Hammerstein, launched in 1999 at Rusk Institute’s Pediatric Unit. Since then, the organization has brought interactive theater featuring professional actors to more than 25,000 children in dozens of hospitals–free of charge.
There are a limited number of tickets available for the Make Believe On Broadway benefit. To purchase, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016