Only Make Believe, an organization that brings the magic of theatrical performance to hospital-bound children, presents its 13th annual gala benefit, Make Believe on Broadway, on November 5 at Broadway’s Bernard B. Jacobs Theater. Hosted by Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: SVU), the event will include the participation of numerous Broadway stars and will feature special honorees Sir Ian McKellen, Guy Chiarello, and Petra Nemcova.
The long list of Broadway actors and singers who will participate in the evening’s special performance includes Matthew Broderick (Nice Work If You Can Get It), Norm Lewis (Porgy and Bess), Ashley Brown (the original Mary Poppins), Derrick Baskin (Memphis), John Eric Parker (The Book of Mormon), Jay Johnson (Hands on a Hardbody), and many more.
Only Make Believe, founded by Dena Hammerstein, launched in 1999 at Rusk Institute’s Pediatric Unit. Since then, the organization has brought interactive theater featuring professional actors to more than 25,000 children in dozens of hospitals–free of charge.
There are a limited number of tickets available for the Make Believe On Broadway benefit. To purchase, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017
- Jordan Klepper Set For His Own Show on Comedy Central - November 29, 2016
- “Alton Brown: Eat Your Science” Plays Limited Run - November 27, 2016
- “Hamilton” Goes Off-Script for Mike Pence Ambush - November 20, 2016
- “Black to the Future” Concludes Performances - November 4, 2016