A behind-the-scenes team from Broadway’s Peter and the Starcatcher is going to be helping raise both funds and awareness for men’s health issues by taking part in “Movember”, an annual event in which men spend the month of November growing out their mustaches (mo’s, for short). The show decided to participate in honor of one of their main characters, Black Stache, the villainous pirate with a great black mustache.
The actual cast of Peter and the Starcatcher can’t participate because they have to be able to maintain a consistent onstage look, but several crew members and even the executive producers have made the committment to start out clean shaven on November 1 and then grow the biggest, most beautiful mustaches possible. The Peter and the Starcatcher team is also encouraging their fans and the general public to be “Mo Bros”. Learn how you can both join and support the team here: us.movember.com/team/547497
“Movember” was created as a way of raising awareness about health issues of concern to men, particularly prostate cancer and testicular cancer. People can register to participate at www.movember.com.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Illusionists – Turn of the Century” Begins - November 25, 2016
- Kristin Chenoweth’s “Love Letter to Broadway” Closes - November 17, 2016
- A Cappella Musical “In Transit” Begins Previews - November 11, 2016
- Eighteen Broadway Shows Go Dark For Election Day - November 8, 2016
- New York TV Shows Presidential Election Coverage - November 7, 2016