The theater arts education company Camp Broadway, which has made it possible for hundreds of thousands of students to attend Broadway shows over the years, will be flying its flag for Broadway in the infamous Village Halloween Parade this October 31. Camp Broadway is looking for 100 talented Broadway fans (age 21 and over) to join them in performing a mash-up of cult Broadway classics Carrie the Musical and The Rocky Horror Show. No performing experience is required, and it is a great opportunity for theater lovers to learn an original dance number that has been created by Broadway professionals.
Leading up to the performance in the parade, which takes place in Greenwich Village starting at 7:30pm on Halloween night, Camp Broadway has put together a program that includes choreography rehearsals, a pre-parade dress rehearsal, a make-up demonstration and costume consultation with actual Broadway pros, merchandise and Broadway giveaways, and more. Participants in the program will walk the Halloween parade route, participate in a televised performance (the parade will be broadcast on NY1 and WPIX), and receive free admission to the Village Parade Halloween party at Webster Hall later that night.
The cost to participate in the Camp Broadway Halloween program is $125. Visit www.campbroadway.com to find out more.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Gets Rave Reviews on Broadway - October 21, 2016
- “Falsettos” Begins Previews at the Walter Kerr Theatre - October 13, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016