The theater arts education company Camp Broadway, which has made it possible for hundreds of thousands of students to attend Broadway shows over the years, will be flying its flag for Broadway in the infamous Village Halloween Parade this October 31. Camp Broadway is looking for 100 talented Broadway fans (age 21 and over) to join them in performing a mash-up of cult Broadway classics Carrie the Musical and The Rocky Horror Show. No performing experience is required, and it is a great opportunity for theater lovers to learn an original dance number that has been created by Broadway professionals.
Leading up to the performance in the parade, which takes place in Greenwich Village starting at 7:30pm on Halloween night, Camp Broadway has put together a program that includes choreography rehearsals, a pre-parade dress rehearsal, a make-up demonstration and costume consultation with actual Broadway pros, merchandise and Broadway giveaways, and more. Participants in the program will walk the Halloween parade route, participate in a televised performance (the parade will be broadcast on NY1 and WPIX), and receive free admission to the Village Parade Halloween party at Webster Hall later that night.
The cost to participate in the Camp Broadway Halloween program is $125. Visit www.campbroadway.com to find out more.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017
- Jordan Klepper Set For His Own Show on Comedy Central - November 29, 2016
- “Alton Brown: Eat Your Science” Plays Limited Run - November 27, 2016
- “Hamilton” Goes Off-Script for Mike Pence Ambush - November 20, 2016