Popular daytime talk show host Wendy Williams is the latest celebrity to make their Broadway debut in the long-running hit revival of the musical Chicago, playing at the Ambassador Theatre. Williams will take on the part of the brassy prison matron Mama Morton.
Wendy Williams will perform for just seven weeks, starting June 25 and then ending her time in the popular show on August 11. She will be taking over the role of Mama Morton from actress Christine Pedi.
An author and columnist, Wendy Williams has been well known by radio listeners for years. She began reaching an even wider audience in 2009 when she began her nationally syndicated talk show The Wendy Williams Show.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Kenneth Lonergan’s “Lobby Hero” Concludes Run - May 18, 2018
- The 2018 Tony Nominations Have Been Announced! - May 2, 2018
- Broadway Industry Steady as Spring Season Settles - April 25, 2018
- “Farinelli and the King” Recoups Investment - April 19, 2018
- “Saint Joan” Begins Starring Condola Rashad - April 12, 2018