Popular daytime talk show host Wendy Williams is the latest celebrity to make their Broadway debut in the long-running hit revival of the musical Chicago, playing at the Ambassador Theatre. Williams will take on the part of the brassy prison matron Mama Morton.
Wendy Williams will perform for just seven weeks, starting June 25 and then ending her time in the popular show on August 11. She will be taking over the role of Mama Morton from actress Christine Pedi.
An author and columnist, Wendy Williams has been well known by radio listeners for years. She began reaching an even wider audience in 2009 when she began her nationally syndicated talk show The Wendy Williams Show.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Lauded Revival of “Angels in America” Closes - July 14, 2018
- Stephen Payne Replaces Lead in “Straight White Men” - July 5, 2018
- Young Jean Lee’s “Straight White Men” Begins Previews - June 28, 2018
- Broadway-Bound “Cher Show” Launches in Chicago - June 21, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Concludes Run - June 14, 2018