The London hit Matilda the Musical is arriving on Broadway this spring, but it has yet to cast the young ladies who will be playing the title part. Like Billy Elliot, Matilda will cast multiple young actors in its main role, so more than one pint-sized talent has a chance of landing the Broadway gig.
To find their stars, Matilda is holding an open casting call at Pearl Studios (519 Eighth Avenue, 12th floor, Studio C) on September 30 starting at 10am. Girls aged 8 to 10 years old, with a height of 4 foot 4 inches or under, are invited to audition (no experience necessary). The character is described as “bright, fearless, and focused”.
Girls auditioning should bring a recent picture with a resume that includes birthdate, height, parent/guardian contact information, and an explanation of any performing experience. They should be prepared to recite a poem or very short story (preferably in the style of author Roald Dahl, who wrote Matilda), and also have a short song to sing (bring sheet music).
For more information on the Matilda the Musical open casting call, phone 212-719-9393, ext. 360.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018
- “Band’s Visit” and “Harry Potter” Crush Tony Awards - June 10, 2018
- Edward Albee’s “Three Tall Women” Adds Final Show - June 1, 2018
- “Some Like It Hot” to Be a Broadway Musical - May 25, 2018
- Tony Nominations Analysis: Snubs and Surprises - May 19, 2018