Laura Osnes, who originated the role of Cinderella on Broadway in the current production of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella, will be passing her glass slippers along to another young woman next month, when pop singer/songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen takes on the iconic role.
Jepsen became an instant success when her song “Call Me Maybe” became a massive hit, and now the music sensation is making her Broadway debut. She will begin a 12-week run in the musical starting February 4. Actress Fran Drescher will also be making her first bow in Cinderella that day, in the role of Cinderella’s stepmother.
Cinderella, which has lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II and music by Richard Rodgers, is playing at the Broadway Theatre. The show’s tuneful score features such songs as “In My Own Little Corner” and “Ten Minutes Ago”.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/17/2015 - May 20, 2015
- “Wolf Hall” Steady at the Box Office after Eight Tony Nominations - May 14, 2015
- “Living on Love” Closes After One Month - May 6, 2015
- “Fun Home” Begins Broadway Previews - April 29, 2015
- Harvey Weinstein’s “Finding Neverland” Begins Previews - March 24, 2015