Laura Osnes, who originated the role of Cinderella on Broadway in the current production of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella, will be passing her glass slippers along to another young woman next month, when pop singer/songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen takes on the iconic role.
Jepsen became an instant success when her song “Call Me Maybe” became a massive hit, and now the music sensation is making her Broadway debut. She will begin a 12-week run in the musical starting February 4. Actress Fran Drescher will also be making her first bow in Cinderella that day, in the role of Cinderella’s stepmother.
Cinderella, which has lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II and music by Richard Rodgers, is playing at the Broadway Theatre. The show’s tuneful score features such songs as “In My Own Little Corner” and “Ten Minutes Ago”.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Significant Other,” by Joshua Harmon, Begins Previews - February 16, 2017
- Glenn Close Earns Raves in “Sunset Boulevard” - February 10, 2017
- NBC Upheavals Begin, Network Makes Way For “The Megyn Kelly Morning Show” - February 2, 2017
- Oprah Returns To Broadcast TV on “60 Minutes” - February 1, 2017
- “Oh, Hello on Broadway” Completes Its Run - January 27, 2017