Television star Fran Drescher, best known for her role on The Nanny, will be making her Broadway debut next year when she takes on the role of Cinderella’s stepmother in Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella on Broadway.
Fran Drescher will begin her stint in Cinderella on February 4, 2014 and is scheduled to stay with the show for ten weeks until April 13. Drescher will be replacing Broadway regular Harriet Harris, who has been playing the part of the stepmother since Cinderella opened earlier this year.
In addition to her work on The Nanny, which earned her two Emmys, Drescher was most recently on the sitcom Happily Divorced. She also has plenty of stage experience, having performed Off-Broadway in plays such as The Exonerated and Some Girl(s).
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Late Show with Stephen Colbert Announces First Week Line Up - August 28, 2015
- “Penn & Teller” Completes Its Limited Engagement - August 17, 2015
- Casting Announced for “She Loves Me” on Broadway - August 1, 2015
- “Amazing Grace” Continues Fight Against The Odds - July 27, 2015
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Comes to Broadway This Fall - July 11, 2015