This year’s Tony Awards broadcast met with a (rare) chorus of approval from Broadway theater fans — and now the annual awards show is getting recognition from the TV industry as well. The 66th Annual Tony Awards telecast, which aired early last month, has received a total of five Emmy Award nominations.
The 2012 Tony Awards broadcast earned nominations in the categories of Outstanding Special Class Programs; Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics; Outstanding Writing for a Variety Special; Outstanding Music Direction; and Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control for a Miniseries, Movie or a Special.
The Emmy Awards will air on the CBS network on September 22, 2013.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016