This year’s Tony Awards broadcast met with a (rare) chorus of approval from Broadway theater fans — and now the annual awards show is getting recognition from the TV industry as well. The 66th Annual Tony Awards telecast, which aired early last month, has received a total of five Emmy Award nominations.
The 2012 Tony Awards broadcast earned nominations in the categories of Outstanding Special Class Programs; Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics; Outstanding Writing for a Variety Special; Outstanding Music Direction; and Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control for a Miniseries, Movie or a Special.
The Emmy Awards will air on the CBS network on September 22, 2013.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “The Price” Closes to Mixed Critical and Commercial Success - June 8, 2017
- “Bandstand” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 2, 2017
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Opens on Broadway - May 27, 2017
- “Natasha, Pierre” Sees Boost from Tony Nominations - May 16, 2017
- Bette Midler in “Hello, Dolly!” Opens with a Bang - May 12, 2017