The Tony Award nominated musical A Christmas Story, which delighted Broadway audiences this past holiday season, will not return to Broadway this year. The show will still come to New York City, but it will play at the Theater at Madison Square Garden instead.
The Theater at MSG has been a popular venue for previous holiday-themed shows, such as A Christmas Carol the Musical and How the Grinch Stole Christmas, so it is a natural choice for the newest Christmas-themed musical. A Christmas Story the Musical will run there December 11th through the 29th.
Based on the well-loved 1983 movie of the same name, A Christmas Story is about the Christmastime adventures of a young boy named Ralphie living in 1940s Indiana. The show’s recent production at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater received three Tony Award nominations.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- New Musical “Come From Away” Earns Raves - March 17, 2017
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” Begins Previews - March 11, 2017
- “Significant Other” – Strong Reviews, Poor Box Office - March 4, 2017
- “Sunday in the Park with George” Earns Raves - February 24, 2017
- “Significant Other,” by Joshua Harmon, Begins Previews - February 16, 2017