The Tony Award nominated musical A Christmas Story, which delighted Broadway audiences this past holiday season, will not return to Broadway this year. The show will still come to New York City, but it will play at the Theater at Madison Square Garden instead.
The Theater at MSG has been a popular venue for previous holiday-themed shows, such as A Christmas Carol the Musical and How the Grinch Stole Christmas, so it is a natural choice for the newest Christmas-themed musical. A Christmas Story the Musical will run there December 11th through the 29th.
Based on the well-loved 1983 movie of the same name, A Christmas Story is about the Christmastime adventures of a young boy named Ralphie living in 1940s Indiana. The show’s recent production at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater received three Tony Award nominations.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Fun Home” Begins Broadway Previews - April 29, 2015
- Harvey Weinstein’s “Finding Neverland” Begins Previews - March 24, 2015
- Neil Patrick Harris to Host New NBC Variety Show - March 4, 2015
- Jon Stewart to Leave “The Daily Show” - February 18, 2015
- Sting Joins the Cast of “The Last Ship” - December 14, 2014