The movie version of the musical Nine, to be directed by Rob Marshall (Chicago), now has its international star-studded cast intact. Javier Bardem will star as Guido, and the various women in his life will be played by Penelope Cruz, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Marion Cotillard, and Sophia Loren. The Maury Yeston/Arthur Kopit musical, based on Federico Fellini’s film 8 1/2, had a glorious Broadway revival in 2003 starring Antonio Banderas and featuring the feminine talents of Jane Krakowski, Mary Stuart Masterson, and Chita Rivera. The original 1982 Broadway production starred Raul Julia in the lead role.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016