The official casting announcement for the new Broadway musical version of The Addams Family has finally come out. As expected, Nathan Lane (currently on Broadway in Waiting For Godot) and Bebe Neuwirth (Broadway’s Chicago, TV’s Frasier) will star as Gomez and Morticia Addams. Kevin Chamberlain (Seussical) will play Uncle Fester, Jackie Hoffman (Xanadu, Hairspray) is Grandmama, and Tony Award nominees and Broadway regulars Terrence Mann and Carolee Carmello will play supporting roles. Based on the famous cartoons by Charles Addams, The Addams Family musical is written by Jersey Boys librettists Rick Elice and Marshall Brickman, and composer/lyricist Andrew Lippa. The show is directed and designed by Phelim McDermott and Julian Crouch, the men behind the macabre musical Shockheaded Peter. The Addams Family will have its world premiere at the Ford Center for the Performing Arts Oriental Theatre in Chicago this November before opening on Broadway in March 2010.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016