Fans of the recently-departed darkly comedic drama August: Osage County may now want to return to its old Broadway home, the Music Box Theatre, since August playwright Tracy Letts now has a new play there. Superior Donuts is his latest work, which also debuted at Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago before coming to Broadway. Superior Donuts, a poignant comedy, is a return to the intimacy of Letts’ earlier works (Bug, Killer Joe) and is quite unlike the sprawling epic drama of August: Osage County. Superior Donuts stars Michael McKean as the proprietor of a dingy old Chicago donut shop and Jon Michael Hill plays the young employee who wants to turn the business around. The play is scheduled for an open run.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Carousel” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 15, 2018
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 7, 2018
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017
- Check Out the 71st Annual Tony Award Winners! - June 12, 2017