The Manhattan Theatre Club’s new production of the comedy The Royal Family will be reigning supreme at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on Broadway for an extra two weeks. It was recently announced that the limited-run production will not close on November 29 as was originally planned, but instead the show will continue its Broadway run on through December 13. The extension of the 1929 play about a renowned showbiz family, which was written by George S. Kaufman and Edna Ferber, was due to popular demand, which is no surprise given The Royal Family‘s impressive cast list. The production stars an excellent cast of theater notables, including Rosemary Harris, John Glover, Larry Pine, Jan Maxwell, Reg Rogers, and Ana Gasteyer.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Bette Midler and Donna Murphy Back in “Hello, Dolly!” - June 3, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Concludes Its Run - May 27, 2018
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018