The Manhattan Theatre Club’s new production of the comedy The Royal Family will be reigning supreme at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on Broadway for an extra two weeks. It was recently announced that the limited-run production will not close on November 29 as was originally planned, but instead the show will continue its Broadway run on through December 13. The extension of the 1929 play about a renowned showbiz family, which was written by George S. Kaufman and Edna Ferber, was due to popular demand, which is no surprise given The Royal Family‘s impressive cast list. The production stars an excellent cast of theater notables, including Rosemary Harris, John Glover, Larry Pine, Jan Maxwell, Reg Rogers, and Ana Gasteyer.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013