The new musical American Idiot, which just enjoyed an acclaimed run at the Berkeley Rep in California, is getting closer to securing a Broadway berth. Ever since the project was announced, insiders always anticipated it would eventually make it to Broadway, and now casting notices and hopeful quotes from publicity reps indicate that the musical is on track for the Great White Way. However, exact dates and a theater have yet to be secured, so the show’s New York future is not yet certain. Directed by Michael Mayer, American Idiot is a new musical based on the Green Day album of the same name. The rock musical, which has musical supervision by Tom Kitt (Next To Normal), also features songs from Green Day’s most recent album, “21st Century Breakdown”.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015