Hollywood called its flock back today, as several of this season’s movie star-driven productions closed. The most conspicuous, A Steady Rain, was a big ticket seller and probably could have easily run for the rest of this Broadway season, but stars Hugh Jackman (X-Men, Wolverine) and Daniel Craig (James Bond franchise) both had film commitments that prevented an extension. Hamlet starring Jude Law and After Miss Julie featuring Sienna Miller (Jude’s former flame) and Jonny Lee Miller (Eli Stone) also ended their limited Broadway engagements today. The revival of David Mamet’s two-hander Oleanna, which starred Julia Stiles (10 Things I Hate About You) and Bill Pullman (Independence Day), prematurely closed this weekend, even though it had earlier been scheduled to shutter in January.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014