Hollywood called its flock back today, as several of this season’s movie star-driven productions closed. The most conspicuous, A Steady Rain, was a big ticket seller and probably could have easily run for the rest of this Broadway season, but stars Hugh Jackman (X-Men, Wolverine) and Daniel Craig (James Bond franchise) both had film commitments that prevented an extension. Hamlet starring Jude Law and After Miss Julie featuring Sienna Miller (Jude’s former flame) and Jonny Lee Miller (Eli Stone) also ended their limited Broadway engagements today. The revival of David Mamet’s two-hander Oleanna, which starred Julia Stiles (10 Things I Hate About You) and Bill Pullman (Independence Day), prematurely closed this weekend, even though it had earlier been scheduled to shutter in January.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013