Hollywood called its flock back today, as several of this season’s movie star-driven productions closed. The most conspicuous, A Steady Rain, was a big ticket seller and probably could have easily run for the rest of this Broadway season, but stars Hugh Jackman (X-Men, Wolverine) and Daniel Craig (James Bond franchise) both had film commitments that prevented an extension. Hamlet starring Jude Law and After Miss Julie featuring Sienna Miller (Jude’s former flame) and Jonny Lee Miller (Eli Stone) also ended their limited Broadway engagements today. The revival of David Mamet’s two-hander Oleanna, which starred Julia Stiles (10 Things I Hate About You) and Bill Pullman (Independence Day), prematurely closed this weekend, even though it had earlier been scheduled to shutter in January.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - January 4, 2018
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017
- Check Out the 71st Annual Tony Award Winners! - June 12, 2017
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017