The Public Theater is bringing out the big guns once again for its annual Shakespeare in the Park summer season. As previously announced, the season will be two William Shakespeare dramas, The Merchant of Venice and The Winter’s Tale, in rep. While most of the casting has yet to be announced, the Public just revealed that The Merchant of Venice will feature legendary actor Al Pacino in the role of Shylock. Actors already set to appear in both productions include Jesse L. Martin (Rent, Law & Order), Jesse Tyler Ferguson (TV’s Modern Family), Lily Rabe, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, and Max Wright. The first 2010 Shakespeare in the Park production will kick off on June 1st at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Tony Awards TV Viewership Down 10 Percent Despite Record Breaking Broadway Season - June 10, 2015
- “An Act of God” Opens on Broadway - June 5, 2015
- “It Shoulda Been You” Box Office Unmoved By Reviews - May 28, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/10/2015 - May 12, 2015
- “Doctor Zhivago” Begins Performances - April 22, 2015