The revival of Finian’s Rainbow, starring Cheyenne Jackson and Kate Baldwin, closes at Broadway’s St. James Theatre today, in yet another of the seemingly endless series of Broadway show closings that have been happening this month. Although the colorful musical enjoyed a very warm reception from critics and fans of the old-style Broadway musicals, the show simply wasn’t able to find a large enough audience to stay open any longer. Also closing today at Studio 54 is the Roundabout Theatre Company’s limited-run production of writer/performer Carrie Fisher’s Hollywood tell-all, Wishful Drinking. The one-woman comedy by Star Wars‘s Princess Leia was originally scheduled to shutter at the beginning of this month, but was extended due to poplar demand.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015