The revival of Finian’s Rainbow, starring Cheyenne Jackson and Kate Baldwin, closes at Broadway’s St. James Theatre today, in yet another of the seemingly endless series of Broadway show closings that have been happening this month. Although the colorful musical enjoyed a very warm reception from critics and fans of the old-style Broadway musicals, the show simply wasn’t able to find a large enough audience to stay open any longer. Also closing today at Studio 54 is the Roundabout Theatre Company’s limited-run production of writer/performer Carrie Fisher’s Hollywood tell-all, Wishful Drinking. The one-woman comedy by Star Wars‘s Princess Leia was originally scheduled to shutter at the beginning of this month, but was extended due to poplar demand.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016