Glee, the new hit Fox TV series that marries the High School Musical concept with pop hits, took the award for Best Television Series (Comedy or Musical) at the Golden Globe Awards last night. The show is a particular favorite of many Broadway fans because it is the closest thing to musical theater that can be found on TV, it occasionally features showtunes (such as Wicked‘s “Defying Gravity”), and it stars several Broadway actors, including Matthew Morrison (Hairspray) and Lea Michele (Spring Awakening). A number of actors that won Golden Globes last night are in fact experienced Broadway and New York theater actors, including John Lithgow (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Retreat From Moscow), Michael C. Hall (Cabaret), and Alec Baldwin (A Streetcar Named Desire).
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014