Dame Edna Everage has her Honorary Understudy, and his name is Scott Mason. The honor was bestowed upon Mason on Wednesday morning when he won a contest being held at Henry Miller’s Theatre, where Dame Edna’s new show All About Me is soon opening. Among the contest’s judges, which scored the participants on criteria such as make-up, costume, and accent, were Michael Musto and New York Post columnist Michael Riedel. Dame Edna herself (aka Barry Humphries) and All About Me co-star Michael Feinstein had their say as well, of course. Although he will receive a credit in the show’s Playbill, Scott Mason’s role as official understudy will be purely honorary (after all, there is only one Dame Edna Everage). However, Mason is no stranger to playing the good Dame – he has worked extensively as a professional Dame Edna impersonator.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015