The new Twyla Tharp show Come Fly Away begins performances at Broadway’s Marquis Theatre (located in the Times Square Marriott Marquis Hotel) today. Hot off its run at the Alliance Theatre in Atlanta, the production features Keith Roberts and John Selya (both Tony Award nominees for their performances in Tharp’s Broadway hit based on the songs of Billy Joel, Movin’ Out). This dance musical, directed and choreographed by Twyla Tharp, is set to the music of legendary crooner Frank Sinatra (there are both new musical arrangements and original arrangements by Nelson Riddle, Billy May, and Quincy Jones). The show has a 19-piece live band, which plays along with recordings of Sinatra’s vocals on such classics as “My Way,” “That’s Life,” and “Fly Me To the Moon”. Come Fly Away has its official Broadway opening on March 25.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016