The new Twyla Tharp show Come Fly Away begins performances at Broadway’s Marquis Theatre (located in the Times Square Marriott Marquis Hotel) today. Hot off its run at the Alliance Theatre in Atlanta, the production features Keith Roberts and John Selya (both Tony Award nominees for their performances in Tharp’s Broadway hit based on the songs of Billy Joel, Movin’ Out). This dance musical, directed and choreographed by Twyla Tharp, is set to the music of legendary crooner Frank Sinatra (there are both new musical arrangements and original arrangements by Nelson Riddle, Billy May, and Quincy Jones). The show has a 19-piece live band, which plays along with recordings of Sinatra’s vocals on such classics as “My Way,” “That’s Life,” and “Fly Me To the Moon”. Come Fly Away has its official Broadway opening on March 25.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016