The energetic original cast of the current Tony Award-winning Broadway revival of the classic ’60s counter-culture musical Hair has its final performance at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre today, and then the merry band of hippies will head off to England (London, not Manchester) to open the West End production of the hit show. The London Hair, featuring most of Broadway’s original cast, will begin performances on April 1 at the Gielgud Theatre with an official opening set for April 14. The new Broadway cast of Hair, which will debut at the Hirschfeld on March 9, includes American Idol finalists Ace Young (who was also a replacement in the recent Broadway revival of Grease) as Berger and Diana DeGarmo (a replacement in the Broadway production of Hairspray) as Sheila.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015