The Obamas minus papa prez (who was quite busy in Washington D.C. with the vote on health care reform) made a visit to Memphis yesterday. First Lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha took in the Sunday matinee of the new musical about a southern DJ who introduces his listeners to the rhythm and blues music known at the time as “race music”. The show’s cast members weren’t the only ones to get applause at that performance – the Obamas received an enthusiastic standing ovation from their fellow audience members.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016