Grammy Award-winning jazz saxophonist and bandleader Branford Marsalis has been tapped to write the underscoring for the new Broadway production of August Wilson’s play Fences, directed by Kenny Leon and starring Denzel Washington and Viola Davis. In a statement about his new gig, Marsalis said, “I look forward to the challenge of creating music that not only complements their performances, but enhances the experience for those sitting in the theater.” This will be Branford Marsalis’s debut as a Broadway composer. Fences begins performances at the Cort Theatre on April 14.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014