Grammy Award-winning jazz saxophonist and bandleader Branford Marsalis has been tapped to write the underscoring for the new Broadway production of August Wilson’s play Fences, directed by Kenny Leon and starring Denzel Washington and Viola Davis. In a statement about his new gig, Marsalis said, “I look forward to the challenge of creating music that not only complements their performances, but enhances the experience for those sitting in the theater.” This will be Branford Marsalis’s debut as a Broadway composer. Fences begins performances at the Cort Theatre on April 14.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016