Grammy Award-winning jazz saxophonist and bandleader Branford Marsalis has been tapped to write the underscoring for the new Broadway production of August Wilson’s play Fences, directed by Kenny Leon and starring Denzel Washington and Viola Davis. In a statement about his new gig, Marsalis said, “I look forward to the challenge of creating music that not only complements their performances, but enhances the experience for those sitting in the theater.” This will be Branford Marsalis’s debut as a Broadway composer. Fences begins performances at the Cort Theatre on April 14.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017
- Check Out the 71st Annual Tony Award Winners! - June 12, 2017
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017
- How Will The Juggernaut Harry Potter Fare Against NYC Broadway Shows - April 18, 2017