The Broadway revival of Ken Ludwig’s farce Lend Me a Tenor opens at the Music Box Theatre. This new production stars Justin Bartha (best known from films such as The Hangover and National Treasure) as the harried assistant of an opera producer, played by Monk‘s Tony Shalhoub, and Anthony Lapaglia is the world-famous Italian opera star whose debut at the Cleveland Opera goes terribly awry for all concerned. Lend Me a Tenor is directed by actor Stanley Tucci (The Lovely Bones, The Devil Wears Prada, Julie & Julia), in his Broadway directing debut. The production also stars Broadway regulars Jan Maxwell (already seen on Broadway earlier this season in The Royal Family), Mary Catherine Garrison (Rabbit Hole, Assassins), and Jennifer Laura Thompson (Urinetown).
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015