The Broadway revival of Ken Ludwig’s farce Lend Me a Tenor opens at the Music Box Theatre. This new production stars Justin Bartha (best known from films such as The Hangover and National Treasure) as the harried assistant of an opera producer, played by Monk‘s Tony Shalhoub, and Anthony Lapaglia is the world-famous Italian opera star whose debut at the Cleveland Opera goes terribly awry for all concerned. Lend Me a Tenor is directed by actor Stanley Tucci (The Lovely Bones, The Devil Wears Prada, Julie & Julia), in his Broadway directing debut. The production also stars Broadway regulars Jan Maxwell (already seen on Broadway earlier this season in The Royal Family), Mary Catherine Garrison (Rabbit Hole, Assassins), and Jennifer Laura Thompson (Urinetown).
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014