The Broadway revival of August Wilson’s acclaimed drama Fences begins preview performances at the Cort Theatre. The production stars Oscar winning actor Denzel Washington (most recently seen on Broadway as Brutus in the 2005 production of Julius Caesar) as Troy Maxson, a Pittsburgh sanitation worker whose dreams of a professional baseball career were dashed by segregation in the sport. Tony winner Viola Davis (who has appeared on Broadway in Doubt and in August Wilson’s plays King Hedley II and Seven Guitars) plays his wife, Rose. A Pulitzer Prize winning and Tony Award winning drama, Fences debuted on Broadway back in 1987. This revival, which has its official Broadway opening on April 26, is scheduled for a strictly limited 13-week engagement at the Cort.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013