The Broadway revival of August Wilson’s acclaimed drama Fences begins preview performances at the Cort Theatre. The production stars Oscar winning actor Denzel Washington (most recently seen on Broadway as Brutus in the 2005 production of Julius Caesar) as Troy Maxson, a Pittsburgh sanitation worker whose dreams of a professional baseball career were dashed by segregation in the sport. Tony winner Viola Davis (who has appeared on Broadway in Doubt and in August Wilson’s plays King Hedley II and Seven Guitars) plays his wife, Rose. A Pulitzer Prize winning and Tony Award winning drama, Fences debuted on Broadway back in 1987. This revival, which has its official Broadway opening on April 26, is scheduled for a strictly limited 13-week engagement at the Cort.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015