Remember that, the stagehands’ strike notwithstanding, Broadway is far from being closed. The re-opening of How the Grinch Stole Christmas makes for a total of nine shows still gracing the theaters of Broadway. Those other eight plays and musicals are The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Cymbeline, Mary Poppins, Mauritius, Pygmalion, The Ritz, Xanadu, and Young Frankenstein. Although Poppins and Frankenstein are probably pretty full, the other shows all have seats to spare. With Spelling Bee set to close very soon, now would be a great time to catch that charming musical while you still have the chance. Mauritius and Pygmalion are both intelligent and funny plays (one brand new, and the other a classic revival) worth seeing, and The Ritz is a silly, fun farce. So get out there and support Broadway in its time of need!
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Gigi” Concludes Its Run on Broadway - June 20, 2015
- “It’s Only a Play” Concludes Its Run - June 12, 2015
- “Airline Highway” to Close Early - June 4, 2015
- “An Act of God” Begins Previews - May 24, 2015
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015