The classic 1950s Broadway musical Damn Yankees is going to be filmed for the big screen again. The original movie version of Damn Yankees starred Tab Hunter as all American good guy Joe Boyd and Ray Walston as the devilish Mr. Applegate who gives Joe his wish of being a baseball star. The new Damn Yankees musical film, to be produced by the guys who gave us the Hollywood Chicago and Hairspray, will star Jake Gyllenhaal and Jim Carrey in those roles. Damn Yankees was last seen on Broadway in a revival in 1994 starring Victor Garber and Bebe Neuwirth, as the devil’s favorite minion.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Donna Murphy Earns Rave Reviews in “Hello, Dolly!” - July 14, 2017
- Award-Winning Revival of “Present Laughter” Closes - July 8, 2017
- “Marvin’s Room” Revival Fails to Win Over Critics - July 1, 2017
- “The Price” Closes to Mixed Critical and Commercial Success - June 8, 2017
- “Bandstand” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 2, 2017