The classic 1950s Broadway musical Damn Yankees is going to be filmed for the big screen again. The original movie version of Damn Yankees starred Tab Hunter as all American good guy Joe Boyd and Ray Walston as the devilish Mr. Applegate who gives Joe his wish of being a baseball star. The new Damn Yankees musical film, to be produced by the guys who gave us the Hollywood Chicago and Hairspray, will star Jake Gyllenhaal and Jim Carrey in those roles. Damn Yankees was last seen on Broadway in a revival in 1994 starring Victor Garber and Bebe Neuwirth, as the devil’s favorite minion.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016