No, you haven’t missed Thanksgiving, and yes, part of New York’s Fifth Avenue is already decorated for Christmas, so it shouldn’t come as a shock that the holiday shops at Bryant Park are open as well. The shops, which opened last week and will remain open through January 3, feature more than 100 little shops, designers, craftspeople and food merchants from around the world. (If the thought of rushing headlong into your holiday shopping at a huge department store terrifies you, this is a nice way to ease into it gently.) You can call 212 661-6640 for more information; the shops are located at Bryant Park; 42nd Street and Sixth Avenue. They include Annie’s Dog Bakery and Boutique; Ireland in Prints; Max Brenner-Chocolates by the Bald Man; and Santa’s Workshop. (No, we can’t vouch that it’s the original, one and only Santa.)
Plus, if that isn’t enough enticement, the city’s only free ice skating rink—The Pond at Bryant Park–opened there for the season last Friday as well.
And yes, you read that correctly–free. Skates can be rented (for a fee; you can’t have everything), and the 170’ x 100’ rink also features occasional skating shows, events and activities.
Because it’s free, of course, you can expect longish lines and largish crowds, but hey, it’s all part of the holiday sprit.
Latest posts by Michael Tubbs (see all)
- Colbert Dials Up The Politics to 11 and Zooms To Number One - March 29, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 03/26/17 - March 28, 2017
- “Hello, Dolly!” is a Winner at the Box Office - March 22, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 03/19/17 - March 22, 2017
- AGT Announces Tyra Banks as New Host Replacing Nick Cannon - March 15, 2017