Finian’s Rainbow is a very unusual musical, with its mix of magic, wit, and socio-political commentary, much of which is still relevant today. It also happens to have one of the most memorable musical scores in Broadway history, featuring Burton Lane/E.Y. Harburg songs such as “Old Devil Moon,” “How Are Things in Glocca Morra?”, “If This Isn’t Love,” “Something Sort of Grandish,” “Look To the Rainbow,” “When I’m Not Near the Girl I Love,” “When the Idle Poor Become the Idle Rich,” “That Great Come-and-Get-It Day,” and “Necessity”. The songs are beautifully sung by a top-rate cast (including the radiant Kate Baldwin, handsome Cheyenne Jackson, and hilarious Christopher Fitzgerald) in this charming production.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Finding Neverland” Plays Final Performance - August 20, 2016
- Colbert to Host Live Election Night Special on Premium Cable Channel - August 19, 2016
- Ending and Beginnings: Delays, Closures, and Transfers on Broadway - August 14, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” Closes Due to Audra McDonald’s Absence - July 24, 2016
- Extraordinary Revival of “The King and I” Concludes Run - July 7, 2016