Finian’s Rainbow is a very unusual musical, with its mix of magic, wit, and socio-political commentary, much of which is still relevant today. It also happens to have one of the most memorable musical scores in Broadway history, featuring Burton Lane/E.Y. Harburg songs such as “Old Devil Moon,” “How Are Things in Glocca Morra?”, “If This Isn’t Love,” “Something Sort of Grandish,” “Look To the Rainbow,” “When I’m Not Near the Girl I Love,” “When the Idle Poor Become the Idle Rich,” “That Great Come-and-Get-It Day,” and “Necessity”. The songs are beautifully sung by a top-rate cast (including the radiant Kate Baldwin, handsome Cheyenne Jackson, and hilarious Christopher Fitzgerald) in this charming production.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Dames at Sea” Begins Previews on Broadway - September 27, 2015
- “Fool for Love” Begins Previews on Broadway - September 19, 2015
- Nederlander Sells Air Rights Above Neil Simon Theatre - August 23, 2015
- “An Act of God” Wraps Up Its Run - July 30, 2015
- “Amazing Grace” Begins Previews on Broadway - July 4, 2015